Monday, December 7, 2020

Do You Hear?

Words, words, words! They never stop.  Whether it's a constant news cycle, our kids asking for Christmas gifts, or our work lives demanding more deadlines and time away from our personal lives.  

But most upsetting, I've suddenly noticed that most words come from my daily life.  It's what I've done or not done.  It's what is planned for next week. It's my inner-self talking about all that needs to happen today, tomorrow or next week!  It's so loud in my world.  The focus is now, December, my problems, my excitement, my worry about sickness, Christmas gatherings.

It's also a season that gives me my faith.  But the words of Christmas get so easily drowned out.  How can I hear the real message?  Am I willing to listen; for 'to hear' means I must stop and listen.

One Christmas years ago...in the midst of the hustle and bustle...I received a call to come home.  My mama was dying.  I remember driving to Jackson, Mississippi with my flashers on and driving way over the speed limit.  I arrived but she was sleeping.  The sleep before you pass.  I could touch her though.  I could see her sweet crooked fingers, see her beautiful face.  I could sit with her and remember the days, the tears, the celebrations, the love.  Her earthly story ended on December 24.  As I look back today, I'm so very grateful I listened and heard a call to go home.

We see a similar occurrence in the Christmas story.  Mary heard, Joseph heard, the shepherds heard a call. The heard a voice saying, life is not how you expect it but trust me, hear me, have faith in me.  My perspective is bigger than yours.  I have a plan and it's being fulfilled.

This Christmas season, I want to hear.  I want to listen for the call.  I want to acknowledge the bigger plan.  The plan that life overcomes death.  The plan that glory comes in a little Baby King.  To believe the unbelievable.  

Do you hear??


KathyHayes.blogspot.com


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping sharing the Christmas Advent with us. Thank you for all the precious thoughts and love. I miss you dear Miss Kathy.

    ReplyDelete